About the position
The Tenant Relations Officer (TRO) is a WMFN funded full-time permanent employment position, responsible for managing the people impacted by the day-to-day operations of the Housing Department (Tenants and Homeowners), which reports directly to the Housing & Capital Projects Manager.
The TRO is responsible for managing the people impacted by the day-to-day operations of the Housing Department (Tenants and Homeowners), along with the administrative and secretarial support to the West Moberly First Nations (WMFN) Housing & Capital Projects Manager. The TRO also aids and support to the Housing and Operations Maintenance Supervisor. This role coordinates the administrative work of the Housing, Housing Maintenance, and Capital Projects Departments, to ensure the office and work runs smoothly.
- Comply with submission of:
- Criminal Records Check, including Vulnerable Sectors.
- Current driver’s License and Driver’s Abstract.
- Oath of Confidentiality; and
- Take direction from Housing & Capital Projects Manager, and/or the Housing Maintenance Supervisor.
- Advise Housing & Capital Projects Manager, Housing Maintenance Supervisor of any deficiencies within the Housing and Capital Projects Departments.
- Provide quality control of the Community Communications to its members from the Housing and Capital Projects Departments.
- Manage tenant and homeowner relations, as per WMFN policies, regarding any housing and/or capital projects requests for housing, implementation, and enforcement of existing housing agreements, and/or maintenance and/or renovations of their assigned residential units.
- Provide procurement assistance in keeping inventory of supplies replenished as needed for Housing, Capital Projects, and Housing Maintenance.
- Other capital projects, housing and housing maintenance administrative duties as requested; and
- Comply with all WMFN Policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Create and maintain effective administrative systems and procedures for the Housing & Capital Projects Departments, including central files of all documents for Housing & Capital Projects Manager.
- Provide issues management support by anticipating, identifying, monitoring, analyzing, and responding to issues effecting the Housing and Capital Projects Departments.
- Provide quality control of contents, formats and presentations of Briefing Notes, Decision Notes, Monthly Arrears Reports, Band General Reports, Annual General Meeting Reports, and correspondence.
- Assist the Housing & Capital Projects Manager, and Housing Maintenance Supervisor with filing, records management, information gathering, correspondence, communications, minute-taking, procurement, scheduling, reporting, etc. as directed:
- Organize and prioritize material for approval/review and ensure that urgent matters receive the Housing & Capital Manager’s prompt attention.
- Assist with planning and implementing both oral and written communication, edit correspondence, receive advice from other programs and ensure all relevant staff are kept up to date.
- Prepare membership monthly newsletter with highlights of the month, Housing and Capital Projects reports, contact names for additional information, etc.
- Organize meetings, ensuring agendas are prepared, research completed and the Housing & Capital Projects Manager and/or the Housing Maintenance Supervisor are prepared with appropriate materials and organization are considered; and
- Prepare agenda for meetings, attend and draft minutes, ensuring all outcomes/directives are communicated to the Director of Operations and ensure copies are appropriately distributed.
General Office Duties:
- Liaise with outside agencies and contractors, vendors and/or delivery personnel, public, membership, clients and WMFN staff.
- Refer membership inquiries to appropriate department or individuals.
- Ensure Housing & Capital Projects Manager and Housing Maintenance Supervisor have current names and mailing addresses for membership and tenants/homeowners.
- Ensure all work is done in accordance with the West Moberly First Nations Policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Maintain a professional office environment, including tidiness, appropriate recycling, etc.
- Maintain client/member information.
- Verify goods and/or services have been received as requested
- Reconcile accounts and prepare reports.
- Assist with data entry.
- Maintain capital asset documentation.
- Other duties as requested.